Scalp trichopigmentation (STP) is a medical pigmentation process. This new, perfected technique quickly restores confidence in women and men who are affected by sparse, thin hair growth.
Pigmentation for patients with thin, sparse hair
"STP micropigmentation covers thin and sparse areas sustainably, creating the appearance of thicker, fuller hair,” explains Moser Medical consultant Nicole Nemec. Learn more about this gentle method in our short video.
A beautiful, natural illusion of density
When talking about micropigmentation, people commonly speak of “tattooing hair” or “hair tattoos.” While it is true that STP procedures are performed with a fine needle which injects color pigments under the skin, there are significant differences to classic tattoos.
STP (also known as temporary SMP) is performed using color pigments. These were developed to gradually lose their intensity approximately 6-24 months after a procedure. This has the advantage that results can always be adapted to your current situation (change in hair color, new hairstyle, new bald spots, etc.).
Typically, the pigmentation will have disappeared completely after two years at most. We therefore recommend refreshing your treatment within one to two years.
In contrast to tattooing, STP does not use black pigment as it typically takes on a green or blue shade over time, and could negatively affect the overall look.
The main advantage of STP micropigmentation is that the pigment is only injected into the outermost, superficial layer of the scalp (only 0.5 mm deep). This allows for a particularly fine illusion of density, and a natural appearance. The blurring of color and visible individual tattoo marks are significantly reduced with this special technique.
Three procedures for the perfect result
The end look and color result are achieved after two or three procedures. You can imagine this development like a filter: the individual steps gradually lead to an increasingly darker hair appearance, which in the end perfectly matches the natural hair color. Due to the different thicknesses of the scalp, the color doesn’t usually fade evenly after STP procedure. This is why subsequent procedures are used to improve the color and optimize the result.
Benefits of STP with Moser Medical
- Certified training: Moser Medical staff train at the world’s most renowned training center in Milan, Italy.
- Experience from over 32,000 hair transplants allow us to create the ideal forehead hair line and a natural look.
- A hair surgeon is present if a patient wants local anesthesia.
- The highest quality and cutting-edge equipment.
- Knowledge sharing and continuous professional development with international partner clinics.
- Renowned private clinic in Vienna since 1979.
- Focused and specialized: Moser Medical is dedicated to natural-looking hair.
- The highest standards of hygiene: Moser Medical private clinic is state-licensed.
- Free consultation and personal service for all patients.
At Moser Medical we use only high-quality organic pigments. As with every other treatment at our clinic, we follow the highest standards in medical expertise, qualifications and hygiene in STP procedures.
Is STP micropigmentation right for me?
- Ideal for men and women who are unhappy with their thin or sparse hair, or who suffer from thin hair due to illness.
- To correct and conceal scars.
- To create a look for men that mimics the look of a shaved head with the appearance of stubble.
- STP is especially recommended for people who, for medical reasons, cannot have a hair transplant.
- STP can be combined with a hair transplantation procedure to achieve the look of thicker hair if this cannot be achieved with a transplant alone due to the lack of donor hair available.